In the seedy, greedy world of online crime, there are tens of thousands of counterfeit products placed for sale on the internet at any given moment. Pointer Brand Protection has developed an advanced software solution that allows our legal analysts to easily detect and act against online IP infringements on behalf of brands who are looking to eliminate knock-off items. Are you interested in helping protect consumers from fakes and brands from criminals? We’re currently looking for a go-getter who will join our fantastic sales team to reach out to new international customers.
Why work as a Business Development Manager at Pointer?
The ultimate goal may be world domination… for the good guys. Meaning: we’d like to eradicate counterfeits all over the world and establish a clean trade market. But, for now, we’re focusing on expanding our presence in the online brand protection market. And this is why we need you! So, who are you? You’re a natural-born sales person who could sell ice to polar bears and water to dolphins. Luckily, our clients actually benefit from the products and services we sell, so you can stand behind a product you fully believe in. It’s important that you’re proactive and are a people person, as this position requires a lot of gumption and socializing. If you love to travel, meet people from all over the world, and tend to never accept “no” for an answer, you may just be perfect for this position!
What will you do?
You will be responsible for selling the best global brand protection solutions and services to the largest brands in the world. You will work closely with the brands, advise them on their needs and provide them with a customized proposal and presentation on how to enhance their brand protection solutions. It’s not only about selling our product, but about partnering with customers to provide them with the best possible solution to their problems. We help our customers detect and get rid of counterfeit and infringing products that can hinder their reputation and harm their consumers. We’re basically saving the internet from being flooded with fakes.
How will your day in the office be?
Typically, you start by checking your emails and agenda for the day. Maybe one of your colleagues from the Inside Sales team sent you some interesting prospects, so you schedule some demos. At 10am you have a meeting with your team lead, Fiona, to discuss the clients you’re talking to and the possibilities of closing some deals. Before lunch you have a demo scheduled that, of course, goes flawlessly. What a great way to start the day! Afterwards you join your colleagues for lunch in our fully-stacked kitchen. Having regained your energy, you go back to your favorite task: presenting demos to prospective clients. Who knows, maybe you will knock their socks off and close another deal by the end of the day! Oh, is it already 5pm? Time to join your colleagues for the Tuesday outdoor bootcamp session!
What do we ask of you?
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience—the more the better, of course.
- You’re fluent in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of French or German would be a major asset as we’re looking to grow into these markets.
- Do you have some knowledge in IP law? Awesome, we’d love that, too!
- You treat your clients as partners, approaching them in a consultative way.
- You like to work autonomously, as in most cases it’s a solo job.
- Networking comes naturally to you, you might consider yourself a social butterfly.
- You like to keep track of the brand protection industry & general technological advancements.
- You don’t mind travelling for work or being flexible in your schedule, as we have customers from all over the world in different time zones.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 vacation days to re-charge your batteries.
- Pension plan to support you at a later stage of your life.
- You don’t live right next to the office? No problem! We’ll reimburse you for home-work commuting.
- You get to work with a fun, diverse team from over 30 different nationalities.
- You get the opportunity to work with and visit the world's top brands.
- Autonomy and responsibility for A-Z sales projects.
- Are you an early bird or do you prefer to take it easy in the morning? Good thing we offer flexible working hours!
What do you do next?
If this sounds interesting, click apply and introduce yourself! We’d love to have a chat to get to know each other (either at our Pointer office or through Skype). We will be sure to keep you posted about the recruitment process every step of the way, which may also include an assessment. We very much look forward to hearing from you!